Interest Free Installments with Splitit
Fortuna is pleased to offer interest free installment plans on qualifying orders.
To be eligible for our installment plan, you must meet the following criteria:
1. Have a credit card valid for the entire duration of your selected payment. Currently only Visa® and MasterCard® are eligible (debit cards are not eligible)
2. Sign up for any service or combination of services worth $1000 or more.
How it works
1. When you sign up for a service, you will receive an invoice via email.
2. When you click “pay now” on the online invoice in the upper left-hand corner, you will see the option to “Pay with PayPal” (for those who want to pay with just one payment), or “Splitit Installments” for those who would like to pay with installments.
3. On the Splitit interface, fill in your credit card details (which are absolutely secure) and select how many months you would like to split your payments over. Note: for services less than $2000 you will be offered up to 3 interest free payments; for orders over $2000 you will be offered up to 6 interest free payments.
4. At the time of your initial purchase, your credit card will be authorized for the entire amount of your order, but only charged for the 1st month’s installment. For example, a $3,000 order using a 6-month installment plan would be charged $500 on the day you pay the invoice, and $500 on the same day each following month for the remaining 5 months.
5. Please note that you are required to have the total amount of the invoice available as credit on your card. We only make monthly charges to your card, but the entire amount is held in reserve on your card to ensure payment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will I be charged any interest or hidden fees?
A: Absolutely not. If you place an order, we do not add any processing or hidden fees on top. You would pay the same amount as if you had not selected the installment plan.
Q: Do you need to do a credit check?
A: No, we simply reserve the amount on your card as collateral (as described above – reserve hold). You will never see it on your bill.
Q: What happens if I lose my credit card, or have some problem with my credit card?
A: You will need to contact us to change the card number. If you do not provide us with a new card within a few days, the entire amount of the remaining balance will be charged onto your card. We will send you emails and may also call you if we find a problem with your credit card.
Q: Do you offer the same installment plans outside of the US and Canada?
A: Yes, all Fortuna clients are eligible, regardless of location. All you need is a valid Visa® and MasterCard®.
Q: Can I use a credit card that will expire in the middle of my payments?
A: No. Your credit card must be valid for the entire duration of your selected payment period. E.g., you may not select payments over a 6-month period if your card expires four months from the date of purchase.