About The School
“The Business School for the World” is how INSEAD positions itself, and it lives up to the promise with 80+ nationalities on its MBA program, and an equally diverse faculty and alumni network. International diversity has been part of the school’s DNA since its inception, over 50 years ago, when it pioneered the one-year MBA. Today the school has the largest MBA program in the world, with over 1000 students per year, spread across two intakes (one class starts in January and another in September) and across two campuses (Fontainebleau, a small town 70km from Paris, and in Singapore). MBAs also have the option of taking electives on the school’s Abu Dhabi campus, and exchange to top US schools. The school is also proud of providing an international platform for recruitment, with graduates taking up positions in over 50 countries around the world each year.
The program is very much a General Management degree, but has a strong elective offering, enabling students to deeper their knowledge in a wide range of areas. Entrepreneurship is a particularly popular academic area, with 80% of students taking at least one entrepreneurship elective.
Strengths And Specializations
General Management, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Strategy, Impact investing
MBA Class Size: 500
Course Length: 1 year
Sector: Consulting 49%; Finance 15%; Consumer Goods/Luxury 5%; Tech 21%; Energy 3%;
Top Recruiters:McKinsey, BCG, Bain & Co., Amazon, Accenture
Avg Base salary: $104,800 Salary Increase: 95% Employment in 3 months: 90%
Avg. Age: 29
Avg. GMAT: 712
Int’l Students: 89.4%
Female Students: 34%
Deadlines for Jan 2019 intake: R2 – May 2, 2018; R3 – June 20, 2018; R4 Aug. 1, 2018
Deadlines for Sept. 2019 intake: R1 – Sept. 19, 2018; R2 – Nov. 14, 2018; R3 Jan. 9, 2019; R4 – March 6, 2019
Deadlines for Jan 2020 intake: R1 – Feb. 20, 2019; R2 – April 17, 2019; R3 – June 5, 2019; R4 – July 24, 2019
Sources: INSEAD, BusinessWeek, Financial Times, US News, MBA50
1. Briefly summarise your current (or most recent) job, including the nature of work, major responsibilities, and where relevant, employees under your supervision, size of budget, clients/products and results achieved. (no word limit: we suggest approx. 300 words)
2. What would be your next step in terms of position if you were to remain in the same company? (no word limit: we suggest max 100 words)
3. Please give a full description of your career since graduating from university. Describe your career path with the rationale behind your choices. (no word limit: we suggest approx. 300 words)
4. Discuss your short and long term career aspirations with or without an MBA from INSEAD. (no word limit: we suggest approx. 200 words)
(Optional) If you are currently not working or if you plan to leave your current employer more than 2 months before the programme starts, please explain your activities and occupations between leaving your job and the start of the programme.
1. Give a candid description of yourself (who are you as a person), stressing the personal characteristics you feel to be your strengths and weaknesses and the main factors which have influenced your personal development, giving examples when necessary. (approx. 500 words)
2. Describe the achievement of which you are most proud and explain why. In addition, describe a situation where you failed. How did these experiences impact your relationships with others? Comment on what you learned. (approx. 400 words)
3. Describe all types of extra-professional activities in which you have been or are still involved for a significant amount of time (clubs, sports, music, arts, politics, etc). How are you enriched by these activities? (approx. 300 words)
(Optional) Is there anything that you have not mentioned in your application that you would like the Admissions Committee to know? (approx. 300 words) This section is optional.
After submitting the INSEAD MBA application, applicants will receive a link to a video interview. This component is mandatory in order for one’s application to be considered complete. You have one week after the relevant application deadline for the completion of the video portion.
Note from the INSEAD admissions committee: “We are keen on getting to know you better and believe that through a video you can come to life, so be spontaneous, be creative and be yourself! We look forward to virtually meeting you!”
If you would like to receive insider tips for applying to INSEAD click here